Wednesday 23 April 2014

Sexism in electronic dance music.

Sam DeLeo talks in this article about sexism in the electronic dance music (EDM) industry.

Here are some exerts from his article.

Forbes’ list of the world’s 10 highest-paid DJs does not include any women.

 “It has always been very male dominated,”

“When I broke through, I got my brother on the phone to pretend he was DJ Rap, and that’s how I got booked. I’ve had promoters tell me they want to (bleep) me but they wouldn’t book me. It’s very much a boys club, and about five promoters decide who makes it and who doesn’t.”

Could it be that Sam DeLeo was trying to subtly get across the possibility EDM has been infiltrated by Freemasons, the ultimate 'boys club'?

Yes, there is most certainly a 'boys club' behind electronic dance music.

Please read the blog's opening post

No comments:

Post a Comment